Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft and machine vision cameras is it possible?  (Read 6648 times)

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
Agisoft and machine vision cameras is it possible?
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:25:35 PM »
My curious mind can't help but wonder if it is at all possible to use Agisoft with machine vision video cameras?  It would be really cool it it were possible.

So tell me, is this possible?   And if so, how would one do it?

Thanks!

Mr. Curious

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft and machine vision cameras is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »
Hello Mr. Curious,

Actually there is no difference for PhotoScan in the method of how the images were acquired.

I assume that the workflow with such images (or video frames) is similar to standard PhotoScan processing. Maybe additional attention should be paid for camera calibration.

Could you please describe the task that you wish to complete with PhotoScan and machine vision cameras?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

fpbv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »
Hi Alexey

I just got frames of a aerial vertical video made of a Canon EOS 5D MK II Full HD.
It does very well the alignment but it doesn?t calibrate.
How could set up this for video frames? How to solve that?
I looked at EXIF but nothing came, that is expect, but what surprise me the model didn?t bowl, it fit very nice, like it have the calibration.
Anyway, I found this very interesting and promising with the new Photoscan Pro version.

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
Hello Alexey,

Excellent news!

I don't have any one particular application in mind for the use of machine vision cameras at this time. However, I have access to quite a few good quality CCD MV cameras and I thought it would be interesting to try them.  I think I will experiment with this!

Cheers,

Mr. Curious

Hello Mr. Curious,

Actually there is no difference for PhotoScan in the method of how the images were acquired.

I assume that the workflow with such images (or video frames) is similar to standard PhotoScan processing. Maybe additional attention should be paid for camera calibration.

Could you please describe the task that you wish to complete with PhotoScan and machine vision cameras?