Forum

Author Topic: "Not Enough Memory"  (Read 15653 times)

azmann

• View Profile
"Not Enough Memory"
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:52:12 AM »
Hey, still pretty new to photoscan.  Working through the tutorials for my masters thesis.  I'm trying to create a DEM from pictures I've taken of a river bar.  I've got the scale bars in place, they're flagged and I know the distances between the points.  I'm following the tutorial for generating a DEM and when I try to export it I get a message that reads "Not Enough Memory".  Seems straight forward, except that I have 1.70 TB of free memory and no other programs running in the background.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:07:06 AM by azmann »

airmap3d

• View Profile
Re: "Not Enough Memory"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17:09 AM »
My guess would be that you are running out of RAM??

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 07:52:00 AM »
Hello azman,

Please check that you are running 64-bit version of PhotoScan, since 32-bit version has significant memory limitations.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Lambo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:18:48 AM »
I am sorry if I am missing something but for what I can see in that picture you only have 16GB of RAM in that computer right?
Maybe the 1.70 TB of memory is HD memory and not RAM?

mobilexcopter

• View Profile
    • mobileXcopter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
Yes, not enough RAM is available for the operation. Notification apperas before all RAM is used and that is why you can see 11290 MB of free RAM in task manager. I guess it does a calculation befora actuall process. It happend to me also  :). I think hard drive size is not in question here.

I suggest you change the quality or region to process.

Best regards,

Alex

azmann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 12:50:40 AM »
@ Alexey - I am running the 64bit version, however I haven't updated to the latest version yet.

I also only have 16GB of RAM.  Going back and looking at the system requirements, it looks like the recommend a minimum of 32GB of RAM.  Looks like I'm adding RAM to make this work.

Thanks for the help.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 01:24:09 AM »
Hello azmann,

And what reconstruction settings you are using and what is the number of images in the set?

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

azmann

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 08:43:50 PM »
Hey Alexey,
There are about 20 images in the set, and I'm running through the "orthophoto and DEM generation" tutorial, so my reconstruction settings should all be standard.
Since my last post, I've added 16GB or RAM although I'm only able to access 31.9GB as the operating system takes up some and I'm still getting the same message.  I also spent some time looking at the system requirements in the user manual and it says that you only need 12GB.
I've found 64GB RAM sets (4 x 16) online for about $800, but would rather not purchase them if I can avoid it.
Any other troubleshooting ideas?
Thanks.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 08:59:47 PM »
Hello azmann,

Do you get this message during reconstruction stage or export? Please provide the screenshot with reconstruction/export settings used for either of operations and the copy of log data from the Console pane related to the operation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Tyler J

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 01:36:39 AM »
Alo note that your windows version is possibly limiting you :

Starter: 8GB Max
Home Basic: 8GB Max
Home Premium: 16GB Max
Professional: 192GB Max
Enterprise: 192GB  Max
Ultimate: 192GB Max

azmann

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »
I get the message during the export phase.  The reconstruction works well before that but I want to use the DEM for DoD analysis so need to get DEMs out of photoscan for the analysis.

This is from a saved project and it doesn't look like the log data is complete.  Let me know if it will work better with a complete project.

@Eildosa, I have updated my OS to Professional.  Thanks for the tip though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:46:38 PM by azmann »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »
Hello azmann,

I see several problems on the screenshot:

1) Bounding Box is rotated incorrectly and reconstructed geometry is curled. Please check that red-colored bounding box is parallel to the ground plane and only then proceed to mesh reconstruction using Height Field method.
2) Model is scaled using scale-bars only and have no orientation information, so Z-axes is pointing to some arbitrary direction, thus you'll be unable to export orthophoto or DEM using predefined Planar projections, so I'd rather recommend to use Rotate Object tool to bring the model in accordance to the coordinate axis that are shown in the bottom-right corner of the Model view.
3) Seems that you have selected WGS84 coordinate system while there is no referencing information in the same units, thus the mosaic size is estimated incorrectly based on the input pixel resolution. If the model is not referenced in any geographic coordinate system (and it doesn't seem to be referenced), please use Local coordinates both in the Ground Control pane settings and Export DEM/Orthophoto dialog. Also please follow previous two advises.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Magpie1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 03:08:40 AM »
Hi, I'm trying to generate orthoimage using DEM + 1351 images and get "Not enough memory" error. I have 80 GB RAM. Is it just the not enough Ram issue? In this case, what is the best way to make tiles?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 12:51:18 PM »
Hello Magpie1,

Can you please share the processing log from the Console pane related to the failed operation and also the information from the last page of the processing report?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC